Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gifts for Baby and Mom

I feel like it's just about Christmas around here-I got 2 presents today! My mom and grandma sent me some sweet little gender neutral sleepers and some cute maternity shirts. Kelly sent me some pregnancy goodies too! Some heartburn tea, foot soak, lip balm and belly oil. Thanks everybody!

I also took Boomer to the vet today for his yearly shots and was able to talk to the doc about preparing him for his "big brother" role coming up. He thinks Boomer's temperament will work out just fine and gave me some suggestions. We'll start playing some baby noises for Boomer to listen to like cooing and crying. He also said I should carry around a baby doll and show it affection so that Boomer can see me giving affection to something other than him. We'll also set up the nursery furniture and decorations way ahead of time so he can get used to the sights and smells of it all. I need to teach him to "leave it" and "drop it." I wonder if I can teach him to fetch a clean diaper. (Poor thing, he doesn't like his A&M jersey.)

No comments:

Post a Comment