Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Baby's First Trip to Vegas

Last week we went to Las Vegas for Will's brother's wedding so it was also the baby's first wedding! Congrats Uncle John and Aunt Vicki! I also got my first belly rub by someone other than me (thanks John). And I *might* have felt the baby move! I'm not sure though since it was so subtle and I haven't noticed it since. As you can see, my belly is quickly growing. I didn't think I was showing in this dress...pictures and comments by others at the wedding say otherwise.

I am 15 weeks and 5 days here. Even though I am feeling much better than in the first trimester, I am still very aware of all the changes. Last night I figured out I can no longer lay on my stomach or my back to sleep. It was pretty painful. Plus, everytime I turned last night I felt my uterus go streeeetch which was intense enough to wake me up. And I think I might be having sciatic nerve pain on my left side, fun times. As the guy that saw me puking on the side of Hwy 98 (back in week 10 or so) said, "it'll all be worth it in the end!"

On the shopping issue, no cute maternity clothes to be found in Las Vegas either. Correction: no affordable cute maternity clothes. A store called Pea in a Pod had some cute stuff, but more than $200 for a wrap dress? No thanks. We also ventured to the Babies R Us since the closest one to Navarre is a 1 1/2 hour drive and we happened to be right by one in Vegas. I need some sort of orientation to baby gear for sure. What's the difference between the 30 different car seats? And what are all those little gadgets? What is BPA and why do I want everything to be free of it? I was much better with the furniture and bedding- as in "oh that's cute, I want that one!" Can't wait to find out the gender so we can get cracking on decorating. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww you look so fabulous. Glad yall had fun in Vegas. 15 weeks - wow time is FLYING!

    ReplyDelete