As my second trimester comes to a close (really?? already?!) I thought I'd take a look back on the things I was looking forward to and see how they went...
1. Actually looking pregnant. Haha, I think I'm there! I definitely have a nice big baby bump to show off and hopefully I don't just look like I ate the whole turkey on Thanksgiving. Strangers feel comfortable enough to ask me about my pregnancy so I must look like it. My patients at work are very nice about it and ask lots of questions.
2. Finding out if we are having a girl or a boy. I think I've posted once or twice that we're having a boy! It's very exciting to us to be able to picture how he might look or what he might like. Will is already planning the sports- definitely football.
3. Feeling the baby move. This is so much fun! We can see him moving too. I haven't seen him move in a way that I could identify "that was a foot" or anything like that, but it's pretty cool to see a whole portion of my belly punch out and go back real quick. I think he has a definite sleep/wake pattern going on and so far he mostly sleeps at night. At least, if he's not sleeping he's not poking me enough to keep me awake. :)
4. Seeing and hearing the baby at more ultrasounds. I did get several ultrasounds during this trimester. The big ultrasound was a lot of fun - getting to watch him for over an hour was pretty nice. And of course I've heard his heartbeat at each doctor's visit.
5. Going shopping for some nursery furniture and decorations. Yay! I did get to do plenty of this! Mostly it was online shopping though because there's just not a lot around here. The nursery is fully underway and we picked up some paint chips today so that is the next step.
Goodbye second trimester, you were a good one!
Goodbye second trimester, you were a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment